jamirotalk.net header image
 

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

Jamiroquai Coachella 2018

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

deerosa



Joined: 13 Jun 2017
Posts: 26


PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 18:08    Reply with quote

Jamiroquai Coachella 2018
Alot of buzz and rumors circulating about this one. Nothing confirmed but it wouldn't surprise me if it became true.
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

smellbob



Joined: 25 Feb 2002
Posts: 387
Location: Los Angeles, Ca


PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 02:05    Reply with quote


As much as I would love this, I'm not really into most of the music that coachella features. That industrial cling and clang shit. I do like how free spirited it is, just I don't know.

Even though the Automaton album was very modern with industrial electronic sounds, I still don't think Jamiroquai fits well with coachella.

Also, where did you get this information from. There was a post from another bulletin board years ago with coachella wish lists and things like that, and Jamiroquai was mentioned. That doesn't mean anything though.
_________________
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

deerosa



Joined: 13 Jun 2017
Posts: 26


PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 18:09    Reply with quote

Two sources....
I currently work in two Cities now San Diego and Nashville. I know a few industry folks in Nashville ( producers,roadies, and managers). They know I am a big Jamiroquai fan ( I also took these guys to see Incognito last week and they had a blast). The buzz is good and of course anything can happen between now and then. If they do a 2 week stint ( which is what they are telling me, they would do both weekends) I am hoping they do some L.A. shows in between since they are out here. Laughing I won't name who as that would jeopardize things with them in the same industry.
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

smellbob



Joined: 25 Feb 2002
Posts: 387
Location: Los Angeles, Ca


PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 22:24    Reply with quote

Re: Two sources....
deerosa wrote:
I currently work in two Cities now San Diego and Nashville. I know a few industry folks in Nashville ( producers,roadies, and managers). They know I am a big Jamiroquai fan ( I also took these guys to see Incognito last week and they had a blast). The buzz is good and of course anything can happen between now and then. If they do a 2 week stint ( which is what they are telling me, they would do both weekends) I am hoping they do some L.A. shows in between since they are out here. Laughing I won't name who as that would jeopardize things with them in the same industry.


I see. Very interesting. Thank you.
_________________
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

smellbob



Joined: 25 Feb 2002
Posts: 387
Location: Los Angeles, Ca


PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 18:15    Reply with quote


So the rumors so far have come up to be true.



They will be headlining at Coachella.

Problem is, I'm not a fan of Coachella at all. I love music festivals don't get me wrong, I just don't like Coachella. I don't like the atmosphere or the theme really.

But I don't know. I don't know how fast tickets will sell out, or be available.

If I go, this will be the first time I'll see them, but I don't know. To me a more contemporary gig would be better for me.

I don't live that far from Coachella, but still.

It's looking at this point I possibly won't be going, but we'll see what happens.

I do however like how this may open doors for North American shows.
_________________
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

Dye
Correspondent & Expert


Joined: 16 Nov 2003
Posts: 5144
Location: Planet Home; Buenos Aires, Argentina


PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 18:23    Reply with quote


A few "WTF" on Twitter, but overall reactions have been very good. It is time they recognize Jamiroquai's influence on some of their current 'big stars' like Pharrell and Bruno Mars.
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

mjcodina



Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 2


PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 22:10    Reply with quote


Oh my gosh wow!!!!!!!

Listen guys, last time they came through was when I was out of the country like more than a decade ago right?!

I am beyond ecstatic right now and will definitely go to Coachella to see them even if I do hate the very thought of that stinking festival. Since they're doing both weekends though Im gonna keep my fingers crossed that that mean they'll be doing some other shows around that week and I can ditch the coachella tickets.

smellbob, I also live close right in orange county. If you head up there I'll roll with you cause I dont know anyone in my circle of friends that would wanna venture anywhere near Coachella that weekend.

Also, this will be my first time ever seeing them since being a fan in '97. It's been long enough
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

HoneyBee



Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Posts: 673


PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 23:03    Reply with quote


My friend called to tell me about this concert.

But I'm no longer a fan. Laughing
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

smellbob



Joined: 25 Feb 2002
Posts: 387
Location: Los Angeles, Ca


PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 02:11    Reply with quote


mjcodina wrote:
smellbob, I also live close right in orange county. If you head up there I'll roll with you cause I dont know anyone in my circle of friends that would wanna venture anywhere near Coachella that weekend.

Also, this will be my first time ever seeing them since being a fan in '97. It's been long enough


Cool beans. I haven't made my mind up if I'm going to go yet, but I appreciate that. Very nice.
_________________
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

mr.az



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 2418
Location: rallying


PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 22:10    Reply with quote


they will coachella-us Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Only a fool can walk away from me this time
Posted image has been reduced in size. Size of original image (30082 KB) is 627 x 337 pixels. Click image to view full size and better quality!
TWM=RDLS
AFO=AUTOMATON
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

deerosa



Joined: 13 Jun 2017
Posts: 26


PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 21:16    Reply with quote

Nice!
Glad to see these guys were not blowing smoke up my ass. I had a drink with them after a show here in Nashville and they told me it was official. Laughing

Anyhow, I plan on keeping some dates open during this week and hoping they mix in an L.A. show or too as I really do not like Coachella.

Greta article! Haters gonna hate!

http://www.factmag.com/2018/01/03/jamiroquai-coachella/
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

deerosa



Joined: 13 Jun 2017
Posts: 26


PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 14:22    Reply with quote

April.9th pencil in San Francisco.
Do not know the venue they will be performing in but I can only assume the Fillmore. Laughing
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message

deerosa



Joined: 13 Jun 2017
Posts: 26


PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 14:31    Reply with quote

Keep the week in between Coachella open.
mjcodina wrote:
Oh my gosh wow!!!!!!!

Listen guys, last time they came through was when I was out of the country like more than a decade ago right?!

I am beyond ecstatic right now and will definitely go to Coachella to see them even if I do hate the very thought of that stinking festival. Since they're doing both weekends though Im gonna keep my fingers crossed that that mean they'll be doing some other shows around that week and I can ditch the coachella tickets.

smellbob, I also live close right in orange county. If you head up there I'll roll with you cause I dont know anyone in my circle of friends that would wanna venture anywhere near Coachella that weekend.

Also, this will be my first time ever seeing them since being a fan in '97. It's been long enough


That is all I can say for now. Frisco is definitely happening on the 9th of April I believe. I would keep the week open leading to the festival and the week between the festival open for sure. Definitely hitting San Francisco and Los Angeles, maybe Vegas but I do not know.
Back to top 
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jamiroquai News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group