jamirotalk.net header image

Impressum / EditorialEditorial  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Private messagesPrivate messages  Log inLog in

JAY'S SCOTTISH HOUSE GETS WRECKED

View previous topic :: View next topic  

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 06:34    Reply with quote

JAY'S SCOTTISH HOUSE GETS WRECKED
STOAT CUISINE
EXCLUSIVE Pine marten chomps its way through Jay Kay's retreat
By Jim Lawson

MILLIONAIRE singer Jay Kay's Highland hideaway has been wrecked... by a pine marten.

The furry fiend chomped its way through the Jamiroquai star's croft, finally wreaking havoc in the kitchen.

The stoat-like creature knocked over ornaments, shredded magazines and left droppings all over the floor.

Locals spotted the damage to the croft, which overlooks Wester Ross, at Redpoint, near Gairloch.

And they set a humane trap to catch the pine marten - a protected species - before releasing it back into the wild.

Last night, Willie Morrison, of Gairloch, said: "Pine martens are very destructive.

"By all accounts, the place was in a right mess and it really went to town in the kitchen. I'll bet a rock star looking for peace and quiet would not have thought of this."

He added: "Up here we do not gossip about other people's affairs but this story is doing the rounds.

"The fact the pine marten got in comes as no surprise. They may be rare but there's plenty round here." A spokesman for Jay Kay said: "We don't know what exactly what happened although we have been told a pine marten has caused damage.

"Jay is in the States so I cannot throw any further light on it at the moment."

Jay Kay paid 150,000 for the hideaway in November 2002.

Nooks and crannies in the property have been sealed up to stop the pine marten returning.

Source: http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16693691&method=full&siteid=64736&headline=stoat-cuisine--name_page.html

SAMANTHA

Sandisaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 06:37    Reply with quote

HA! I was comming here to report the same.
Yall are fast!!!
Warp speed lightnin'!!!!!!!! Laughing
Can you imagine....
A freaking protected almost extinct species wrecking your shiznick?!
What can you do.
Get pissed, or feel honored. Laughing

CosmicMouse
Jamirotalk mum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 09:13    Reply with quote

scream That's scary!! I didn't get the whole article until I finally looked up in the dictionary what a pine marten is!! Laughing Laughing

What a mess... poor Jay! 2knockout

Mouse

Last edited by CosmicMouse on Fri Sep 19, 2008 09:16; edited 1 time in total

Sandisaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 21:06    Reply with quote

OH wow...for some reason, I thought it was a bird. Laughing

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 13:18    Reply with quote

Furry Crannies
Thank you Samantha,

You are always finding us these gems of information diligently and consistently, doing a real service to us all :-))))))

Lovely picture Meike, thanks for digging it up for us. They are beautiful creatures, While we are on the subject of reckless rodents, let me tell you about the British fetish for ferrets. Ferrets are a similiar creature to the Pine Marten. They are used for hunting, vermin deterrants, and for strange sports to prove the human males' courage !!! A popular competition that is often held at rural events, is when men see who can keep a ferret in their trousers for the longest time !!! I know from personal experience that a ferret on a lead is worth two Dobermans running loose !!! Pine Martens have an equal reputation for being just as vicious and voracious.

I have an idea that 'Sir' JK will be mildy amused by the incident, I'm sure Mrs. McCready from the village will be tidying up the croft (not an alcoholic drink made from grapes) and will have it 'seculsion-worthy' long before his Funkiness arrives home from the US.

Mrs. McCready and her clean up crew, in an effort to prevent the return of destruction and lack of respect (LOL!!!), can shove as much as they can up those nooooooooks and grammies - oops - I mean crannies !!!

Congrats to Missy Elliot anyway - I like her.

I wonder how much Heather 'Sir' JK has on the rockery in the garden ??? Proof that he's a great fan of mine !!! That'll be Lady H to you laddy !!! ROFLM(P)AO !!!

I have my own theory of who the real culprit is to this singular destructive attack - I left that on funkin's comments, so I won't be a bore and repeat it here.

@ Sandisaster . . . why spoil the illusion ??

http://www.flickr.com/groups/organ_donation/

EvoV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 15:35    Reply with quote

Laughing

Samiroquai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 19:41    Reply with quote

Re: Furry Crannies
Little H - KSA wrote:
let me tell you about the British fetish for ferrets. Ferrets are a similiar creature to the Pine Marten. They are used for hunting, vermin deterrants, and for strange sports to prove the human males' courage !!! A popular competition that is often held at rural events, is when men see who can keep a ferret in their trousers for the longest time !!!

That's right, and all us northerners also wear flatcaps and race whippets whilst sipping pints of mild and saying 'ey oop' to anyone who'll listen...

And actually ferrets can be lovely. My old next-door neighbours had about 15 of them when my brother and I were smaller, and 90% of the time they were perfectly docile and happy to be picked up and stroked and so on. Bit like bastards for the other 10%, but still...

Sam

(note for Brits looking at my location and thinking 'Somerset? "us northeners"?' - I'm genealogically northern...)

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 20:34    Reply with quote

Re: Furry Crannies
Samiroquai wrote:
and 90% of the time they were perfectly docile and happy to be picked up and stroked and so on. Bit like bastards for the other 10%, but still...

LOL !!! I only ever had contact with that cranky 10 %, I had horses all my life, and was always in 'wellies' (FYI - I'm a Cockney). Ferrets were handy for keeping rats away (they eat them), and anything else that will breathe. I was/am scared stiff of ferrets. If you have ever seen them attack and their faces covered in blood . . . well . . . the only thing I have witnessed that is worse than that is newbie attack on JTALK.

Giyyus a bita ya bluk puddin luv Samiroquai !!! That's northern talk for share your chlosterol clogged sausage.

Wringin' cap are ya ??? I loved Brass !!! (Great British TV quote)

The Northerners in England are reknowned for their good humour, indugence, patience, tolerance, and as hard workers. I had a neighbour who came from Yorkshire, she was the closest thing I had to family (in London). The respect that woman earned was incredible, for speaking her mind and being herself. EEEeee - and what do ya know . . . and she'd tellyou her life story.

samantha1170
Correspondent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 00:02    Reply with quote

No probs Little H - glad everyone is enjoying my posts Smile

SAMANTHA

Little H - KSA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 02:30    Reply with quote

samantha1170 wrote:
No probs Little H - glad everyone is enjoying my posts :)

SAMANTHA

. . . credit where it's due darling, you are not taken for granted !!!

h :-)))))))

Sandriche
Officer & Jamily Coach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 15:16    Reply with quote

CosmicMouse wrote:
scream That's scary!! I didn't get the whole article until I finally looked up in the dictionary what a pine marten is!! Laughing Laughing

THE SAME WITH ME Laughing Laughing
i googled that pine marten..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JAMIROTALK.NET Forum Index -> Jay Kay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: